SSDFacts.com was designed by people that have been through the Social Security Disability System.
We started SSDFacts.com because we were tired of not getting the right answers, we were tired of getting the run around and we were tired of searching for answers that were simply nowhere to be found.
What We Offer
On SSDFacts.com you will find the following things:
- Wait times and approval rates for YOUR Administrative Law Judge and Hearing Office and how that compares to your state and the rest of the country.
- Approval Rates for State DDS offices and how they compare to the rest of the country.
- Actual letter scans received by people from the Social Security Disability Office so you know what to expect and what the next letter you will get looks like.
- A forum designed by people who have been through the same things you are now going through and answered by people who know the truth.
- A responsive and caring team of Administrators to respond to your questions and concerns.
- Updates and news that is relevant to you and where you are in your life right now.
SSDFacts would like to thank you for trusting us enough to visit our site and spend your time getting your information here. We will not let you down. We know first-hand how frustrating and difficult this journey can be.
We have been there and we will not turn our back on you.
The Social Security Disability application process is a maze that is difficult to navigate for applicants and SSA employees alike. SSA guidelines are not explicit, and often SSA’s own personnel give varied answers to simple questions. At SSDFacts, we offer an exchange of experience, a place of support, and the tools necessary to assist applicants through all levels of adjudication.
Every member is treated with respect and all questions are important. We do not judge whether a person’s disability is real or contrived. We strive only to provide the information members need to complete their application. How the member uses that information is their decision. We do not, however, support a person knowingly using the information provided to gain undeserved benefits.
In our forum, members share their experiences and assist others coming behind them. Our Forms, Links and Handbooks pages give them the tools they need through each step. The State Information pages contain statistics from DDS and ALJ determinations that are updated monthly. They also contain contact information for SSA local, regional and headquarters offices, ODAR hearing and regional offices, as well as contact information for federal congressional representatives.
We want only to provide a safe place where applicants are comfortable asking questions, sharing experiences, venting frustrations during the wait for a decision, seeking consolation over a denial, and expressing their elation over an approval. We cry over each denial, and again with each approval. Ours is a community where each member truly cares about the other.
If you are interested in advertising or have questions about our site, please feel free to contact us at [email protected]
You are no longer alone
FROM OUR COMMUNITY
I finally know what to expect. Thank you for making things less scary for me.
Before I found SSDFacts.com, I was lost. I had no idea where to find answers to my questions about filing for Social Security Disability. Every other forum on the subject was buried as one topic on a whole site.
This site is like finding your way in a dark tunnel. It is everything I need in one place.